XPA-DR1 Differential Reference™ Monoblock Power Amplifier
The XPA-DR1 is a true monoblock power amplifier, and features a single Differential Reference Amplifier Module, in a true monoblock configuration, powered by its own dedicated 3 kW switch mode power supply. The XPA-DR1 provides massive power, superb dynamics, incredible resolution, and absolute control. If you’re looking for the very best sound quality, with virtually endless reserves of power against a jet black noise floor, this is the amplifier for you.
- A fully modular, fully differential, fully balanced audio power amplifier with a high-efficiency switch mode power supply (SMPS), independent, fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B amplifier modules, Optimized Class H™ power supply topology, and microprocessor-controlled fault protection.
The XPA-DR1 features one Differential Reference™ Amplifier Module.
Audio Specifications (One Differential Reference Amplifier Module):
- Power Output:
- 650 watts RMS into 8 Ohms at <0.1% THD.
- 1000 watts RMS into 4 Ohms at <0.1% THD.
- Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.1 dB).
- Broad Band Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 50 kHz +0/-2 dB.
- THD + noise: < 0.008%; at 100 watts RMS; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms.
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
- > 122 dB; ref FTC rated power; unbalanced input (A-weighted).
- > 96 dB; ref 1 watt; unbalanced input (A-weighted).
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (per channel): 4 Ohms
- (which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads).
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 500.
- Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 2.4 V.
- Gain: 29 dB.
- Maximum Power Consumption: 1,000 watts.
- Note: The values shown refer to the amount of power the amplifier would
- consume while playing test tones continuously, on all channels, at full power, into a load bank. Therefore they are not at all characteristic of what you would expect when playing music or the sound track from a movie. Normal audio signals are dynamic, so the amount of power they require from second to second varies widely, and the average is far lower than this. With normal content, even playing very loudly, one of our amplifiers will consume far less power than indicated in the chart, so these values should not be considered to be a circuit requirement for normal operation.
- Input Impedance:
- 33 kOhms (balanced).
- 23.5 kOhms (unbalanced).
Input And Output Connections
- Input Connections:
- Unbalanced (RCA); balanced (XLR); one each, user selectable.
- Speaker Output Connections: Audiophile grade, gold plated, 5-way binding posts.
- Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
- Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.
- Between 100 VAC and 250 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Standby: push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
- Status LEDs: one per channel; blue.
- Status LEDs change to red to indicate a fault condition.
Rear Panel Controls
- AC Power switch: rocker switch (switches AC main power).
- Status LEDs switch: disables front panel Status LEDs and dims Standby button halo.
- Input selector switches (one per channel):
- metal toggle switches; select between balanced and unbalanced inputs.
- Circuit Breaker: press button to reset circuit breaker.
- The XPA-DR1 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
- 17” wide x 8” high x 19” deep (unboxed; including feet).
- 17” wide x 7” high x 19” deep (unboxed; without feet).
- 24-1/2” wide x 12” high x 24-3/4” deep (boxed).
- 431 x 203 x 482 mm
16,10 Kg - 35.5 lbs (unboxed).
18,37 Kg - 40.5 lbs (boxed).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.