XPA-DR3 G3 Differential Reference™ Three-Channel Power Amplifier
The XPA-DR3 is a high-powered three-channel audiophile power amplifier that combines the exceptional accuracy and finesse of a true balanced differential design with the power you need to deliver musical crescendos and movie special effects with stunning realism and impact. Whatever your listening preferences, the XPA-DR3 will give you the combination of detail and power than only a fully differential amplifier can provide.
The XPA-DR3 features three of our Differential Reference™ Amplifier Modules, and is the ideal choice to power the critical front three channels of an absolutely awesome surround sound music or home theater system. The XPA-DR3 delivers 450 watts RMS into 8 Ohms, and 600 watts RMS into 4 Ohms, all three channels driven, with less than 0.1% THD.
- A fully modular, fully differential, fully balanced audio power amplifier with a high-efficiency switch mode power supply (SMPS), independent, fully discrete, dual differential, high current, short signal path Class A/B amplifier modules, Optimized Class H™ power supply topology, and microprocessor-controlled fault protection.
The XPA-DR3 features three Differential Reference™ Amplifier Modules.
Audio Specifications (Three Differential Reference Amplifier Modules):
- Power Output (all three channels driven):
- 450 watts RMS, per channel, into 8 Ohms, at <0.1% THD.
- 600 watts RMS, per channel, into 4 Ohms, at <0.1% THD.
- Power Bandwidth (at rated power; 8 Ohm load): 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+ / – 0.1 dB).
- Broad Band Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 50 kHz +0/-2 dB.
- THD + noise: < 0.008%; at 100 watts RMS; 1 kHz; 8 Ohms.
- Signal to Noise Ratio (8 Ohm load):
- > 120 dB; ref FTC rated power; unbalanced input (A-weighted).
- > 96 dB; ref 1 watt; unbalanced input (A-weighted).
- Minimum Recommended Load Impedance (per channel): 4 Ohms
- (which equals one 4 Ohm load or two paralleled 8 Ohm loads).
- Damping Factor (8 Ohm load): > 500.
- Input Sensitivity (for rated power; 8 Ohm load): 2.0 V.
- Gain: 29 dB.
- Maximum Power Consumption: 2,300 watts.
- Note: The values shown refer to the amount of power the amplifier would
- consume while playing test tones continuously, on all channels, at full power, into a load bank. Therefore they are not at all characteristic of what you would expect when playing music or the sound track from a movie. Normal audio signals are dynamic, so the amount of power they require from second to second varies widely, and the average is far lower than this. With normal content, even playing very loudly, one of our amplifiers will consume farless power than indicated in the chart, so these values should not be considered to be a circuit requirement for normal operation.
- Input Impedance:
- 33 kOhms (balanced).
- 5 kOhms (unbalanced).
Input And Output Connections
- Input Connections:
- Unbalanced (RCA); balanced (XLR); one each, per channel, user selectable.
- Speaker Output Connections: Audiophile grade, gold plated, 5-way binding posts.
- Trigger Input: 5 – 12 V (AC or DC); <10 mA input current required.
- Trigger Output: 12 VDC; can drive any load up to 120 mA.
- Between 100 VAC and 250 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).
Front Panel Controls and Indicators
- Standby: push button (halo ring changes color to indicate Standby or On).
- Status LEDs: one per channel; blue.
- Status LEDs change to red to indicate a fault condition.
Rear Panel Controls
- AC Power switch: rocker switch (switches AC main power).
- Status LEDs switch: disables front panel Status LEDs and dims Standby button halo.
- Input selector switches (one per channel):
- metal toggle switches; select between balanced and unbalanced inputs.
- Circuit Breaker: press button to reset circuit breaker.
- The XPA-DR3 is protected against excessive operating temperature, shorted speaker connections, ground faults, and other common fault conditions.
- 17” wide x 8” high x 19” deep (unboxed; including feet).
- 17” wide x 7” high x 19” deep (unboxed; without feet).
- 24-1/2” wide x 12” high x 24-3/4” deep (boxed).
- 431 x 203 x 482 mm
- 22,45 Kg - 49.5 lbs (unboxed).
- 24,72 Kg - 54.5 lbs (boxed).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.