MOON 820S *To Order
- Due to the specificity of the product, it is not available for sale online
- If you want to buy, please contact Carlos Moreira
Tel.: 917 230 062
MOON 820S Power Supply
The MOON 820S is the large and eagerly anticipated power supply that offers an upgrade path for certain Evolution series models. Making use of everything Simaudio knows about power supply design with respect to circuit layout, filtration and regulation has gone into the 820S. Designed to elevate the performance of products that already perform stratospherically at their price points, the 820S was created through painstaking R&D, creative ingenuity and a passion for perfection.
“Even if you only pair the 820S with one component, the upgrade is substantial enough to invest.”
Jeff Dorgay, TONEAudio
Can power up to two units. Engineered for both digital and analog products. Impressive performance upgrades.
- Two custom proprietary toroidal transformers with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, for an improved power transfer and a lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics; one each for analog and digital power supplies.
- The analog and digital power supplies each have 2 special “pi-type” filters after the inital voltage rectification stage that reduce AC transmission noise, using 40,000uF of capacitance (4 x 10,000 uF) and dual choke inductance (2x 20mH).
- The analog and digital supplies each have 4 stages of our proprietary M-R2S circuit; A fully discrete voltage regulation circuit using a “precision reference” feeding an amplifier made up of numerous IC’s and transistors as opposed to a single voltage regulation chip. M-R2S outputs pure DC power that is exceptionally fast, very precise, has a virtually unmeasureable noise level, as well as absolute stable voltage.
- 4-Layer printed circuit boards with pure copper tracings and extremely low impedance characteristics yielding much shorter signal paths and drastically reduced noise levels.
- Transformers 2 x 0 25VA
- Total Capacitance 80,000μF
- Total Inductance 80mH
- Output Voltage (analog supply output 1) ±20 Volts
- Output Voltage (digital supply output 2) +14 Volts
- Power Consumption @ idle 25 Watts
- AC Power Requirements 120V / 60Hz or 240V / 50Hz
- Shipping Weight 40 lb. / 18 Kg.
- Dimensions (W x H x D, inches / cm.) 18.75 x 4.0 x 16.8 / 47.6 x 10.2 x42.7
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.