Sugden A21AI Signature is a modern update of Sugden's classic A21 and A21a amplifiers that became a reference standard, further improved to offer enhanced performance and available in black or silver. Sugden's first commercial amplifier was the A21 in the mid-1960s. It is generally recognised as the first commercial, solid state Pure Class A amplifier to be available for audio enthusists.
The result was an amplifier of extended and more controlled bass and treble but still retaining the wonderfully detailed mid range of the original design. The amplifier became the A21a, a reference amplifier on many continents. Further improvements have achieved significant enhancement of performance and the amplifier has been rebranded as the Sugden A21a Series 2.
The A21 Signature pure classe 'A' design provides affordable high-end performance from a beautifully engineered single box integrated amplifier. Compact in size with a simple but stylish design, the A21 Signature is possibly the only amplifier you will ever need. With many of the original A21’s still in daily use after fifty years, it could also last a life time.
The A21 Signature provides a large soundstage and depth to all types of music, importantly you can listen to it for hours without fatigue. The single ended circuit provides impressive dynamics and incredible bass.
- Line Level Sensitivity – 170mV for maximum output.
- Phono Input Sensitivity – 3mV/Moving Magnet, 0.2V/Moving Coil for maximum output.
- Phono Loading – Moving Magnet 47K, Moving Coil 100 ohm.
- Power Output – 23 watts per channel into 8 ohms both channels working.
- Frequency Response – 10Hz to 20kHz +/- 0.5dB.
- Bandwidth – 6Hz to 200kHz +/- 3db.
- Signal to Noise – >83db.
- Nett Weight – 11kg.
- Dimensions – 92mm x 430mm x 350mm (HWD).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.